Creatine Monohydrate Side Effects
As far as what we've experienced, the best part about creatine is that there are no adverse side effects of creatine. As far as what has been reported in studies, creatine is completely safe and works as a very effective supplement. Yet although there are no risks of taking creatine, we don't know about its long-term effects as the record of research is relatively recent.
Just like every supplement it is not recommended to overuse creatine once your muscles have achieved the saturation value. That is, you should only take the dosage recommended by your doctor or as written on the bottle. A conservative approach is to plan to use creatine only for limited periods before taking a substantial break from it so the body can re-set to normal functioning.
Many experiments performed on creatine have shown that creatine does not cause any adverse side effects as such, but the only effect of taking creatine is that after taking the creatine supplement you will experience an increase in body mass. But, that is the thing I think that all bodybuilders and athletes would love to have.
Creatine Side Effects
In a three-year study designed to find out whether these creatine side effects really do exist, creatine was determined to have no effect on the incidence of injury or cramping in a group of American footballers. Although no negative side effects have ever been noted in the research, some effects that you may physically experience are:
- Some of the people claim that creatine users are susceptible to cramps, muscle spasms, and some may even be prone to pulled muscles.
- Persons taking creatine may also show allergic reactions like itching or hives.
- Sometimes, there may be swelling in your face or hands.
- Some persons taking creatine said that they had some tingling sensation in their throat.
- Consumption of creatine may sometimes cause diarrhea or stomach problems.
- You may sometimes experience trouble in breathing.
- Creatine in some rare cases may also cause kidney stones.
Other Side Effects of Creatine may be:
- You may experience chest tightness.
- You may experience weight gain. But, that from my point of view is not a bad effect; it is a good result as all weight lifters love to have more and more mass.
- Water Retention.
- You may notice some gas problems and bloating.
- Heat Intolerance.
If you are experiencing a lot of adverse side effects you should stop taking creatine right away and talk to your doctor.
Featured Creatine Resource
If you're looking to purchase creatine online, make sure you buy it from a reputable source. We recommend purchasing your creatine monohydrate and other supplements from IllPumpYouUp, a leading provider of health and nutritional products.